VS&RS is currently looking for a Debris Removal Supervisor.
This person will supervise a team of up to 25 subcontractors and crews as they remove debris in Volusia County.
This position is for immediate work in Volusia County.
Must have reliable transportation.
Must be computer literate and able to use Microsoft Excel..
This job will require long hours and the possibility of being on call while the debris is being removed.
• Ensure that only eligible disaster related debris is removed, loaded, and hauled by subcontractors.
* Collect load tickets each day from crews to ensure payment for work completed.
• Interface with subcontractors and crew in the field and report to Field Project Manager.
• Operate an automated handheld device to record information
• Ensure that debris loads are properly contained in the loading container
The following are minimum required skills:
• Effective written and oral communication
• Ability to learn and follow instruction
• Ability to work independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
• Must have high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• Must have the ability to work in the outside elements for long periods of time (this may include standing outside for the duration of daily debris removal (rain or shine)
• Must have a flexible schedule with the availability to work up to 12 hours a day and seven days a week; may be required to work some days in excess of 12 hours
• Must be able to travel to various work locations within the recovery area
• Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving history
• Must have your own working vehicle and cell phone
• Must pass new hire and random drug screening
• Provide proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S.
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY